Here’s an ever-accumulating list of things for the Auditor to do between now and the start of November:
- Count and quantify (in watts, dollars, carbon) the lights used to illuminate the In the Balance exhibition at the MCA.
- Find out how much power the two lifts use (these are currently the only way you can access floors 3-6 in the MCA).
- Collaboratively audit the works of willing artists participating in the In the Balance exhibition. [UPDATE: The Future Farmers have begun this process with me already…]
- Meet with representatives of various paper companies to discuss recycled/unbleached options for printing on the Big Fag Press
- Also on the Big Fag Press – find out safer ways of disposing of contaminated water used to clean the press of ink and solvents
- Find out if the MCA uses recycled toilet paper for staff and visitors
- Get Paul Boundy (aka “Dr Worm”) to visit the MCA and do a bio-audit, exploring possibilities for onsite (or offsite) processing of organic and food wastes. [UPDATE – see this post for Dr Worm’s visit…]
- Investigate paper and plastic recycling possibilities for MCA public areas – why are these not currently used?
- Try to understand the meaning of “cultural value” in relation to resources used and wastes generated. When is an action “not worth it”? (this is a hard one…)
- Have a day off every now and again to go for a nice bushwalk
Reader, what else should I be doing?